UX Booth is excited about its quickly approaching one-year anniversary coming this November. To celebrate our shiny new digs and our first birthday, we’ve assembled some amazing prizes for our valued community.
Update: Contest is now closed
Thanks to those who entered! We will be contacting the winners shortly.
How to Enter
Scroll through the prizes below. Pick out your favorite prize and click the orange tweet tag (“I want this!”) next to that prize. This will take you to twitter. Post this tweet and that’s it, you’re in the running for an awesome prize!
Just for clarification, if you want a particular book from a particular publisher, we’re going to be awarding prizes on a first come, first served basis— so the sooner you enter, the better. Lastly, be sure to only tweet about one prize as we’d like everyone to have an equal chance.
Make sure to select your favorite prize and tweet about it by Friday, October 2nd. We’ll collect entries and announce winners next week. Good luck!
Open Hallway Premium Plan
Open Hallway, a very simple usability testing solution, has offered our readers an amazing prize! We have a 6 month subscription to their Premium Plan, valued at $1,200!
This plan includes the following:
- Unlimited Tests Within Your Storage Limit
- 30 Hours of Recording Storage
- Enhanced security (SSL data transmission)
- Download test result videos! (mp4 format)
- Enterprise security (additional encryption)
Axure Single User License
Axure RP is a wireframing, prototyping, and specification tool that allows you to design applications and websites faster and easier than with your current tools. Axure has offered our readers a single user licensed valued at $589!
Axure is used by UX professionals, business analysts, and application designers from Global 1000 companies, and leading agencies. It is created to help you do the following: design more efficiently, experience dynamic prototypes, and communicate ideas more clearly.
The kind folks over at Theme Forest have brought us an excellent prize to offer to our viewers! We have five $25 “forest bucks” (think the name will catch on?)!
The Atlanta-based email marketing company, MailChimp, is not only beautifully designed but also an amazing email marketing tool. MailChimp does it all. Build and manage your list, design HTML emails, send emails that are sure to get through filters, and track and analyze the results.
Books from Rosenfeld Media
Rosenfeld Media publishes short, practical, and useful books and webinars on user experience design. Rosenfeld has donated some great books to help expand your UX knowledge. We have two copies of each of these titles for our readers:
- Mental Models by Indi Young
- Web Form Design by Luke Wroblewski
- Design Is the Problem by Nathan Shedroff
- Card Sorting by Donna Spencer
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. You may know them as the publisher of the iconic “animal books” for software developers. Here are the O’Reilly books we have for you:
- Information Architecture for the World Wide Web: Designing Large-Scale Web Sites
- Web 2.0 Architectures: What entrepreneurs and information architects need to know
- Ambient Findability: What We Find Changes Who We Become
- Web Navigation: Designing the User Experience
- Designing Interfaces: Patterns for Effective Interaction Design
- Designing Web Navigation: Optimizing the User Experience
- Programming the iPhone User Experience
- Programming Collective Intelligence: Building Smart Web 2.0 Applications
- High Performance Web Sites: Essential Knowledge for Front-End Engineers
- Designing Web Interfaces: Principles and Patterns for Rich Interactions
Go enter! And Welcome to the New UX Booth.
Excited? Choose your favorite and click the tweet tag to the left. Then be sure to come back next week when we announce winners.
Oh, and did we mention the redesign? We’re still polishing off areas, but we’re happy to share our new look. Be sure to leave us a comment with your thoughts about the design! :)